More fruit this week! We brought in some extra-special stuff from OPMA (Okanogan Producers Marketing Association), a cooperative of small, sustainable family farms located in the Okanogan Highlands.
- Raspberries (Jackson Farm, Spokane Valley and Prairie Pantry, Nine Mile)
- Mediterranean Cucumber (Elithorp Farm, Deer Park)
- Kale (Ace of Spades Farm, Spokane)
- Broccoli (Cloudview Ecofarms, Royal City)
- Kohlrabi (Cloudview Ecofarms, Royal City)
- Ahh, Kohlrabi! The "WTF" of the vegetable kingdom. It has a crunchy texture and somewhat spicy flavor, sort of like a cross between a turnip and a radish. Shred it in salad or try making them into fritters. Find more tips here: 5 Tasty Ways to Prepare Kohlrabi.
- Lapin Cherries (OPMA, Okanogan)
- If you like Bing Cherries, you'll LOVE Lapin cherries. Beautiful red, juicy fruit!